May not still be there, but man if this was close by...I might be willing to get divorced
Altec Lansing Loudspeaker pre 1963
not mine, etc.

May not still be there, but man if this was close by...I might be willing to get divorced
Altec Lansing Loudspeaker pre 1963
not mine, etc.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Ya know, if it weren't plain as day in the 1945 Altec catalog, i'd say that cabinet had a "Jensen" thing goin on. I guess it's just that 1940's deco style. It looks incredibly well preserved.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
I think I posted a year ago about a pair in ATL. I think they were loaded with 604c's but can not remember exactly, but cabinets had this style and they were asking $900/pr then.....
they were very "art-deco'ish" looking like these.......
the ones in this post are "Hollywood" drivers, right? Besides cabinetry, this is the reason for the $$$?
-chris

IMHO it's way overpriced, but then again, he has little competition.
The other pair had newer speakers, but still very nice....I suspect this is all original, the speaker and cab look the same date period....
It's kinda like looking at a beautiful movie star, at least you got dreams...glad somebody preserved this, probably from an estate...
Note to the redhead...just kidding about the divorce...Honest!
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
That is a beauty. Great for a mono set-up.
FWIW, $330 new equates to ~$3600 today, so factoring in how rare it most likely is and assuming the driver is as pristine as it appears, a $3100 negotiable price seems reasonable to me.
That said, at this price level I'm holding out for an original field coil duplex with 1200 Hz XO or at least the original AlNiCo version, like $3100 would buy either...........
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks